Plan Key Points
The Parish Plan Survey produced a number of telling statistics:
- 500 questionnaires were completed
- 874 adults and 55 young people participated
- 66% of respondents said that the quality of life in Coxheath was good
- 48% of respondents had lived in Coxheath for more than 20 years
- Least represented group was the 17 – 29 year old age range
The feedback on key issues highlighted:
Health and Social Services
- A high number of respondents (90%) use GP surgeries and the chemist in the village;
- 33% of persons were unable to register with the dental practice in the village;
- Elderly people advised of difficulties in getting to and from local GP surgeries and Maidstone Hospital.
- A well used and valued facility, worthy of seeing possible improvements in areas such as parking and opening hours.
- Respondents indicated a high dependency on buses;
- Interest was shown in the potential for safe cycle routes in and around Coxheath;
- Concern at the loss of services such as ‘Park and Ride’ and the community ‘post bus’;
- Criticism of the existing traffic calming measures.
Amenities and Leisure
- High proportion felt that amenities were poor for couples, young families and teenagers in particular;
- Significant demand/interest for new community land and facilities such as wildlife/nature walks, all-weather multi-use games area, youth facilities and an additional sports hall;
- Top three preferences for additional sports facilities were for fitness training, tennis and cricket;
- 60% of respondents indicated that they would use a village social club which supported of range of facilities and activities – becoming the focus of community life.