- A desire to see more jobs becoming available locally across a range of industries.
- Cleanliness and appearance of the village centre was rated poor by 33% of respondents;
- A need to investigate the adequacy of present recycling facilities;
- 65% of respondents would support the production of a village design statement.
- Limited additional residential development needed;
- Definite need for local needs housing in line with the earlier survey;
- A possible need to review the housing needs for the growing population of elderly people.
- Considerable interest in supporting Neighbourhood Watch;
- 80% of respondents wished for an increase in measures to prevent crime and to create a greater feeling of safety in the community;
- Illegal parking and speeding traffic contribute to people feeling unsafe;
- Lack of awareness of measures which could be taken to prevent crime.
- Many respondents expressed a need for information and advice to be easily available on issues, services and facilities;
- The Village Newsletter was well received;
- The preferred methods of communication were newsletters and a website.